Manages or coordinates fitness and wellness programs and services. Manages and trains staff of wellness specialists, health educators, or fitness instructors.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Administration and Administrative Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Manages or oversees fitness or recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
- Provides individual support or counseling in general wellness or nutrition.
- Supervises fitness or wellness specialists, such as fitness instructors, nutritionists, or health educators.
- Conducts needs assessments or surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Develops or coordinates fitness and wellness programs or services.
- Prepares or implements budgets and strategic, operational, purchasing, or maintenance plans.
- Tracks cost-containment strategies and programs to evaluate effectiveness.
- Maintains wellness- and fitness-related schedules, records, or reports.
- Selects or supervises contractors, such as event hosts or health, fitness, and wellness practitioners.
- Develops fitness or wellness classes, such as yoga, aerobics, strength training, or aquatics, ensuring a diversity of class offerings.