Performs activities in the human resource area. Includes employment specialists who screen, recruit, interview, and place workers.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Human Resource Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares or maintains employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Interprets and explains human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Hires employees and processes hiring-related paperwork.
- Informs job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Addresses employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Maintains current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Schedules or conducts new employee orientations.
- Maintains and updates human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Confers with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Selects qualified job applicants or refers them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.