Plans and designs land areas for such projects as parks and other recreational facilities; airports; highways; hospitals; schools; land subdivisions; and commercial, industrial and residential sites.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Design and Pre-Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Confers with clients, engineering personnel, or architects on landscape projects.
- Prepares site plans, specifications, or cost estimates for land development.
- Analyzes data on conditions such as site location, drainage, or structure location for environmental reports or landscaping plans.
- Develops marketing materials, proposals, or presentation to generate new work opportunities.
- Inspects landscape work to ensure compliance with specifications, evaluate quality of materials or work, or advise clients or construction personnel.
- Prepares graphic representations or drawings of proposed plans or designs.
- Presents project plans or designs to public stakeholders, such as government agencies or community groups.
- Integrates existing land features or landscaping into designs.
- Manages the work completed by subcontractors to ensure quality control.
- Creates landscapes that minimize water consumption such as by incorporating drought-resistant grasses or indigenous plants.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.