Records drugs delivered to the pharmacy, stores incoming merchandise and informs the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
This career is part of the Health Science cluster Therapeutic Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Greets customers and helps them locate merchandise.
- Accepts prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Operates cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Answers telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Receives, stores, and inventories pharmaceutical supplies or medications, checks for out-dated medications, and notifies pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Unpacks, sorts, counts, and labels incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Restocks storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Maintains and cleans equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Prepares prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Compounds, packages, and labels pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.