Prepares or serves specialty coffee or other beverages. Serve food such as baked goods or sandwiches to patrons.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Restaurants, Food and Beverage Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Receives and processes customer payments.
- Prepares or serves hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Takes customer orders and conveys them to other employees for preparation.
- Cleans or sanitizes work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Describes menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Cleans service or seating areas.
- Serves prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
- Prepares or serves menu items, such as sandwiches or salads.
- Sets up or restocks product displays.
- Stocks customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.