Controls and monitors biomass plant activities and performs maintenance as needed.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Production/Process Technology pathway.
A person in this career:
- Operates biomass fuel-burning boiler or biomass fuel gasification system equipment in accordance with specifications or instructions.
- Operates valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust production of biofuels or biomass-fueled power.
- Operates equipment to start, stop, or regulate biomass-fueled generators, generator units, boilers, engines, or auxiliary systems.
- Inspects biomass power plant or processing equipment, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
- Records or reports operational data such as readings on meters, instruments, and gauges.
- Cleans work areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Measures and monitors raw biomass feedstock, including wood, waste, or refuse materials.
- Performs routine maintenance or makes minor repairs to mechanical, electrical, or electronic equipment in biomass plants.
- Reads and interprets instruction manuals or technical drawings related to biomass-fueled power or biofuels production equipment or processes.
- Operates high-pressure steam boiler or water chiller equipment for electrical cogeneration operations.