Sets up, operates, or tends machines to mix or blend materials, such as chemicals, tobacco, liquids, color pigments, or explosive ingredients.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production pathway.
A person in this career:
- Weighs or measures materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Compounds or processes ingredients or dyes, according to formulas.
- Reads work orders to determine production specifications or information.
- Observes production or monitors equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Mixes or blends ingredients by starting machines and mixing for specified times.
- Dumps or pours specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Collects samples of materials or products for laboratory testing.
- Operates or tends machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety of materials, such as spices, dough batter, tobacco, fruit juices, chemicals, livestock feed, food products, color pigments, or explosive ingredients.
- Adds or mixes chemicals or ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Stops mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and opens valves and starts pumps to transfer mixtures.