Plans, directs, or coordinates activities of an organization or department that serves food and beverages.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Lodging pathway.
A person in this career:
- Keeps records required by government agencies regarding sanitation or food subsidies.
- Investigates and resolves complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Maintains food and equipment inventories, and keeps inventory records.
- Monitors food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Schedules and receives food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Coordinates assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Monitors compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Counts money and makes bank deposits.
- Establishes standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Performs some food preparation or service tasks, such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.