Examines budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Analyzes budgeting and accounting reports for the purpose of maintaining expenditure controls.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Corporate Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Directs the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
- Analyzes monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Provides advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Examines budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Summarizes budgets and submits recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Reviews operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Consults with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
- Compiles and analyzes accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Performs cost-benefit analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, or explore alternative financing methods.
- Interprets budget directives and establishes policies for carrying out directives.