Conducts religious worship and performs other spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faith or denomination. Provides spiritual and moral guidance and assistance to members.
This career is part of the Human Services cluster Family and Community Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prays and promotes spirituality.
- Reads from sacred texts such as the Bible, Torah, or Koran.
- Prepares and delivers sermons or other talks.
- Organizes and leads regular religious services.
- Plans or leads religious education programs.
- Instructs people who seek conversion to a particular faith.
- Counsels individuals or groups concerning their spiritual, emotional, or personal needs.
- Administers religious rites or ordinances.
- Devises ways in which congregational membership can be expanded.
- Visits people in homes, hospitals, or prisons to provide them with comfort and support.