Sets up, tests, and adjusts manufacturing machinery or equipment, using any combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production pathway.
A person in this career:
- Adheres to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Inspects finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Sets up and operates production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Calibrates or adjusts equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges.
- Sets up and verifies the functionality of safety equipment.
- Troubleshoots problems with equipment, devices, or products.
- Monitors and adjusts production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Tests products or subassemblies for functionality or quality.
- Plans and lays out work to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Starts up and shuts down processing equipment.