Addresses organizational sustainability issues, such as waste stream management, green building practices, and green procurement plans.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Develops sustainability project goals, objectives, initiatives, or strategies in collaboration with other sustainability professionals.
- Creates or maintains plans or other documents related to sustainability projects.
- Assesses or proposes sustainability initiatives, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and acceptance.
- Provides technical or administrative support for sustainability programs or issues.
- Monitors or tracks sustainability indicators, such as energy usage, natural resource usage, waste generation, and recycling.
- Researches or reviews regulatory, technical, or market issues related to sustainability.
- Reviews and revises sustainability proposals or policies.
- Collects information about waste stream management or green building practices to inform decision-makers.
- Develops reports or presentations to communicate the effectiveness of sustainability initiatives.
- Identifies or procures needed resources to implement sustainability programs or projects.