Creates special effects, animation or other visual images using film, video, computers or other electronic tools and media for use in products or creations such as computer games, movies, music videos and commercials.
This career is part of the Arts, A/V Technology and Communication cluster Audio/Video Technology and Film pathway, Visual and Design Arts pathway.
A person in this career:
- Creates two-dimensional and three-dimensional images depicting objects in motion or illustrating a process, using computer animation or modeling programs.
- Designs complex graphics and animation, using independent judgment, creativity, and computer equipment.
- Makes objects or characters appear lifelike by manipulating light, color, texture, shadow, and transparency, or manipulating static images to give the illusion of motion.
- Applies story development, directing, cinematography, and editing to animation to create storyboards that show the flow of the animation and map out key scenes and characters.
- Participates in design and production of multimedia campaigns, handling budgeting and scheduling, and assisting with such responsibilities as production coordination, background design, and progress tracking.
- Creates basic designs, drawings, and illustrations for product labels, cartons, direct mail, or television.
- Develops briefings, brochures, multimedia presentations, web pages, promotional products, technical illustrations, and computer artwork for use in products, technical manuals, literature, newsletters, and slide shows.
- Scripts, plans, and creates animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
- Implements and maintains configuration control systems.
- Assembles, typesets, scans and produces digital camera-ready art or film negatives and printer's proofs.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.