Manages biofuels production and plant operations. Collects and processes information on plant production and performance, diagnoses problems, and designs corrective procedures.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Supervises production employees in the manufacturing of biofuels, such as biodiesel or ethanol.
- Manages operations at biofuels power generation facilities, including production, shipping, maintenance, or quality assurance activities.
- Provides direction to employees to ensure compliance with biofuels plant safety, environmental, or operational standards and regulations.
- Confers with technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting biofuels plant safety, operational efficiency, and product quality.
- Reviews logs, datasheets, or reports to ensure adequate production levels or to identify abnormalities with biofuels production equipment or processes.
- Monitors meters, flow gauges, or other real-time data to ensure proper operation of biofuels production equipment, implementing corrective measures as needed.
- Adjusts temperature, pressure, vacuum, level, flow rate, or transfer of biofuels to maintain processes at required levels.
- Provides training to subordinate or new employees to improve biofuels plant safety or increase the production of biofuels.
- Shuts down and restarts biofuels plant or equipment in emergency situations or for equipment maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Monitors transportation and storage of flammable or other potentially dangerous feedstocks or products to ensure adherence to safety guidelines.