Patrols assigned area to prevent fish and game law violations. Investigates reports of damage to crops or property by wildlife. Compiles biological data.
This career is part of the Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources cluster Natural Resources pathway.
A person in this career:
- Patrols assigned areas by car, boat, airplane, horse, or on foot to enforce game, fish, or boating laws or to manage wildlife programs, lakes, or land.
- Compiles and presents evidence for court actions.
- Investigates hunting accidents or reports of fish or game law violations.
- Protects and preserves native wildlife, plants, or ecosystems.
- Issues warnings or citations and files reports as necessary.
- Serves warrants and makes arrests.
- Provides assistance to other local law enforcement agencies as required.
- Promotes or provides hunter or trapper safety training.
- Participates in search-and-rescue operations.
- Arranges for disposition of fish or game illegally taken or possessed.