Supervises workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Restaurants, Food and Beverage Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Trains workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Compiles and balances cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
- Performs various financial activities, such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll.
- Supervises and participates in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
- Estimates ingredients and supplies required to prepare a recipe.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding food service.
- Controls inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and reports shortages to designated personnel.
- Observes and evaluates workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and completes disciplinary write-ups.
- Purchases or requisitions supplies and equipment needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Specifies food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements.