Plans, directs, or coordinates quality assurance programs. Formulates quality control policies and control quality of laboratory and production efforts.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collects and analyzes production samples to evaluate quality.
- Analyzes quality control test results and provides feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Stops production if serious product defects are present.
- Monitors performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicates quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors.
- Instructs staff in quality control and analytical procedures.
- Produces reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, or quality trends.
- Participates in the development of product specifications.
- Reviews statistical studies, technological advances, or regulatory standards and trends to stay abreast of issues in the field of quality control.
- Identifies critical points in the manufacturing process and specifies sampling procedures to be used at these points.