Enforces or ensures compliance with laws and regulations governing financial and securities institutions and financial and real estate transactions. May examine, verify, or authenticate records.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Corporate Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Examines the minutes of meetings of directors, stockholders and committees to investigate the specific authority extended at various levels of management.
- Reviews balance sheets, operating income and expense accounts, and loan documentation to confirm institution assets and liabilities.
- Directs and participates in formal and informal meetings with bank directors, trustees, senior management, counsels, outside accountants and consultants to gather information and discuss findings.
- Establishes guidelines for procedures and policies that comply with new and revised regulations and direct their implementation.
- Recommends actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of institutions.
- Reviews applications for mergers, acquisitions, establishment of new institutions, acceptance in Federal Reserve System, or registration of securities sales to determine their public interest value and conformance to regulations, and recommends acceptance or rejection.
- Plans, supervises, and reviews work of assigned subordinates.
- Resolves problems concerning the overall financial integrity of banking institutions including loan investment portfolios, capital, earnings, and specific or large troubled accounts.
- Trains other examiners in the financial examination process.
- Verifies and inspects cash reserves, assigned collateral, and bank-owned securities to check internal control procedures.