Manages, directs, trains, and leads infantry units in the military.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Security and Protective Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Gathers and evaluates intelligence on enemy strength and positions.
- Develops offensive and defensive battle plans.
- Coordinates plans with armor, artillery, and air support units.
- Directs construction of bunkers, fortifications, and obstacles to support and camouflage infantry positions.
- Directs the use of infantry weapons and equipment, such as machine guns, mortars, rocket launchers, and armored personnel carriers.
- Develops and supervises infantry unit training.