Directs and leads tank and armor units in the military. Normally specializes by type of tank unit, such as armor, cavalry, or amphibious assault.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Security and Protective Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Gathers and evaluates intelligence on enemy strength and positions.
- Formulates battle plans.
- Coordinates actions with infantry, artillery, and air support units.
- Directs communications, location and construction of positions, and camouflaging of positions and equipment.
- Directs operations and employment of tanks, armored vehicles, support infantry and related equipment.
- Plans and supervises tactical and technical training of an armored unit.
- Directs training, administration, supply maintenance, transportation, and security activities of the unit.
- Commands attached elements.