Obtains information from insured or designated persons for purpose of settling claim with insurance carrier.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Insurance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Enters claims information into database systems.
- Prepares insurance claim forms or related documents and reviews them for completeness.
- Calculates amount of claim.
- Posts or attaches information to claim file.
- Transmits claims for payment or further investigation.
- Contacts insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
- Reviews insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Organizes or works with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data.
- Provides customer service, such as limited instructions on proceeding with claims or referrals to auto repair facilities or local contractors.
- Pays small claims.