Conducts research into fundamental computer and information science as theorist, designer or inventor. Solves or develops solutions to problems in the field of computer hardware and software.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Information Support and Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Analyzes problems to develop solutions involving computer hardware and software.
- Assigns or schedules tasks to meet work priorities and goals.
- Evaluates project plans and proposals to assess feasibility issues.
- Applies theoretical expertise and innovation to create or apply new technology, such as adapting principles for applying computers to new uses.
- Consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to determine computing needs and system requirements.
- Meets with managers, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Conducts logical analyses of business, scientific, engineering, and other technical problems, formulating mathematical models of problems for solution by computers.
- Develops and interprets organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in staffing decisions and directs training of subordinates.
- Develops performance standards, and evaluates work in light of established standards.