Plans, initiates, and manages information technology (IT) projects. Leads and guides the work of technical staff. Serves as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plans project stages and assesses business implications for each stage. Monitors progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Information Support and Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Manages project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Develops or updates project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Monitors or tracks project milestones and deliverables.
- Confers with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Develops and manages work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
- Submits project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Directs or coordinates activities of project personnel.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Establishes and executes a project communication plan.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel.