Sells or solicits advertising space, time, or media in publications, signage, TV, radio, or Internet establishments or public spaces.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Marketing Communications pathway, Professional Sales/Sales Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Maintains assigned account bases while developing new accounts.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
- Locates and contacts potential clients to offer advertising services.
- Processes all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
- Informs customers of available options for advertisement artwork and provide samples.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to new and existing customers to sell new advertising programs and to protect and increase existing advertising.
- Delivers advertising or illustration proofs to customers for approval.
- Prepares promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales contracts, using computer.
- Recommends appropriate sizes and formats for advertising, depending on medium being used.