Analyzes product delivery or supply chain processes to identify or recommend changes. May manage route activity, including invoicing, electronic bills, and shipment tracing.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Maintains databases of logistics information.
- Interprets data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing and distribution, supplier management, and transportation.
- Provides analyses on transportation costs, parts procurement, and delivery processes.
- Prepares reports on logistics performance measures.
- Confers with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, and minimize cost.
- Monitors the flow of vehicles or inventory, using Web-based logistics information systems.
- Tracks product flow from origin to final delivery.
- Recommends improvements to existing or planned logistics processes.
- Manages systems to ensure that pricing structures adequately reflect logistics costing.
- Develops and maintains models for logistics uses, such as cost estimating and demand forecasting.