Plans, organizes, and conducts long distance travel, tours, and expeditions for individuals and groups.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Recreation, Amusements and Attractions pathway, Travel and Tourism pathway.
A person in this career:
- Plans tour itineraries, applying knowledge of travel routes and destination sites.
- Resolves any problems with itineraries, service, or accommodations.
- Sells travel packages.
- Arranges for tour or expedition details such as accommodations, transportation, equipment, and the availability of medical personnel.
- Evaluates services received on the tour, and reports findings to tour organizers.
- Leads individuals or groups to tour site locations and describes points of interest.
- Verifies amounts and quality of equipment prior to expeditions or tours.
- Pays bills and records checks issued.
- Attends to special needs of tour participants.
- Gives advice on sightseeing and shopping.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.