Prepares and distributes bank statements to customers, answers inquiries, and reconciles discrepancies in records and accounts.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Posts stop-payment notices to prevent payment of protested checks.
- Verifies signatures and required information on checks.
- Retrieves checks returned to customers in error, adjusting customer accounts and answering inquiries about errors as necessary.
- Routes statements for mailing or over-the-counter delivery to customers.
- Monitors equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Fixes minor problems, such as equipment jams, and notifies repair personnel of major equipment problems.
- Weighs envelopes containing statements to determine correct postage and affixes postage, using stamps or metering equipment.
- Compares previously prepared bank statements with canceled checks and reconciles discrepancies.
- Matches statements with batches of canceled checks by account numbers.
- Takes orders for imprinted checks.