Installs, services, adjusts, or repairs coin, vending, or amusement machines including video games, juke boxes, pinball machines, or slot machines.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Maintenance, Installation and Repair pathway.
A person in this career:
- Fills machines with products, ingredients, money, and other supplies.
- Keeps records of merchandise distributed and money collected.
- Collects coins and bills from machines, prepares invoices, and settles accounts with concessionaires.
- Makes service calls to maintain and repair machines.
- Inspects machines and meters to determine causes of malfunctions and fixes minor problems such as jammed bills or stuck products.
- Tests machines to determine proper functioning.
- Contacts other repair personnel or makes arrangements for the removal of machines in cases where major repairs are required.
- Cleans and oils machine parts.
- Records transaction information on forms or logs, and notifies designated personnel of discrepancies.
- Adjusts machine pressure gauges and thermostats.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.