Assists speech-language pathologists in the assessment and treatment of speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders. Implements speech and language programs or activities as planned and directed by speech-language pathologists. Monitors the use of alternative communication devices and systems.
This career is part of the Health Science cluster Therapeutic Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Implements treatment plans or protocols as directed by speech-language pathologists.
- Documents clients' progress toward meeting established treatment objectives.
- Assists speech-language pathologists in the remediation or development of speech and language skills.
- Performs support duties such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities.
- Collects and compiles data to document clients' performance or assesses program quality.
- Selects or prepares speech-language instructional materials.
- Assists speech-language pathologists in the conduct of client screenings or assessments of language, voice, fluency, articulation, or hearing.
- Tests or maintains equipment to ensure correct performance.
- Conducts in-service training sessions, or family and community education programs.
- Prepares charts, graphs, or other visual displays to communicate clients' performance information.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.