Implements and administers enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Information Support and Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Conducts needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
- Consults with end users regarding problems in accessing electronic content.
- Monitors regulatory activity to maintain compliance with records and document management laws.
- Assists in determining document management policies to facilitate efficient, legal, and secure access to electronic content.
- Implements electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other information technology specialists.
- Administers document and system access rights and revision control to ensure security of system and integrity of master documents.
- Develops or configures document management system features, such as user interfaces, access profiles, and document workflow procedures.
- Assists in the assessment, acquisition, or deployment of new electronic document management systems.
- Searches electronic sources, such as databases or repositories, or manual sources for information.
- Retrieves electronic assets from repository for distribution to users, collecting and returning to repository, if necessary.