Manages wind field operations, including personnel, maintenance activities, financial activities, and planning.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Corporate/General Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Tracks and maintains records for wind operations, such as site performance, downtime events, parts usage, or substation events.
- Oversees the maintenance of wind field equipment or structures, such as towers, transformers, electrical collector systems, roadways, or other site assets.
- Supervises employees or subcontractors to ensure quality of work or adherence to safety regulations or policies.
- Develops relationships and communicates with customers, site managers, developers, land owners, authorities, utility representatives, or residents.
- Maintains operations records, such as work orders, site inspection forms, or other documentation.
- Establishes goals, objectives, or priorities for wind field operations.
- Monitors and maintains records of daily facility operations.
- Prepares wind field operational budgets.
- Trains or coordinates the training of employees in operations, safety, environmental issues, or technical issues.
- Estimates costs associated with operations, including repairs or preventive maintenance.