Directly supervises and coordinates activities of personal service workers, such as flight attendants, hairdressers, or caddies.
This career is part of the Human Services cluster Personal Care Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Assigns work schedules, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery of service.
- Observes and evaluates workers' appearance and performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications.
- Trains workers in proper operational procedures and functions and explains company policies.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding worker performance or services rendered.
- Recruits and hires staff members.
- Inspects work areas or operating equipment to ensure conformance to established standards in areas such as cleanliness or maintenance.
- Collaborates with staff members to plan or develop programs of events, schedules of activities, or menus.
- Meets with managers or other supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations.
- Directs or coordinates the activities of workers, such as flight attendants, hotel staff, or hair stylists.
- Takes disciplinary action to address performance problems.