Assists dentist, sets up equipment, prepares patient for treatment, and keeps records.
This career is part of the Health Science cluster Therapeutic Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares patient, sterilizes or disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials, or assists dentist during dental procedures.
- Records treatment information in patient records.
- Exposes dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Takes and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Assists dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Orders and monitors dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Fabricates temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.